On December 18, 2012, the ASF Foundation office hosted a workshop for Physical Education teachers representing the schools chosen in the west half region of the state to participate in the Wee Can Fight Obesity program.
Jacqui Virgil, the ASF Foundation’s Physical Education Advisor for the Central Region hosted the workshop. Teachers in attendance were provided a tutorial on the program and how to set-up the equipment. At the conclusion of the workshop, each teacher received the Wee Can Fight Obesity equipment that was donated to their schools on behalf of the Wee Can Fight Obesity Partners.
Schools in Attendance:
- Fayette Elementary – PE Teacher Steve Herring
- Geneva County Elementary – PE Teacher Jeremy Griswold
- Highland Home School – PE Teacher Wanda Pouncey
- Wedowee School – PE Teachers Nancy Giddens and Jackie Spratlin
- Morningview Elementary – PE Teachers Thomas Helus, Gloria Lloyd and Dana Reed