On March 12, 2013, Hazel Green Elementary hosted a workshop for Physical Education teachers representing the schools chosen in the north half region of the state to participate in the Wee Can Fight Obesity program.
Suzanne Stone, the ASF Foundation’s Physical Education Advisor for the North Region hosted the workshop. Teachers in attendance were provided a tutorial on the program and how to set-up the equipment. At the conclusion of the workshop, each teacher received the Wee Can Fight Obesity equipment that was donated to their schools on behalf of the Wee Can Fight Obesity Partners.
Schools in Attendance:
- Blue Springs Elementary – PE Teacher Kerry Pepper
- Geraldine High – PE Teacher Brian Bearden
- Morris Elementary – PE Teacher Kirby Gaudin
- Muscle Shoals Middle – PE Teacher Alice (Missy) Cupp
- R.E. Thompson Intermediate – PE Teacher Beth Fennell
- Rosalle Elementary – PE Teacher Semone Wilborn
- Sylvania High – PE Teacher Renee Roden
- West Limestone High – PE Teacher Jordan Paul
- Woodville School – PE Teacher Sheenia Daniel