On March 14, 2013, O’Rourke Elementary hosted a workshop for Physical Education teachers representing the schools chosen in the south half region of the state to participate in the Wee Can Fight Obesity program.
Cindy Floyd, the ASF Foundation’s Physical Education Advisor for the South Region hosted the workshop. Teachers in attendance were provided a tutorial on the program and how to set-up the equipment. At the conclusion of the workshop, each teacher received the Wee Can Fight Obesity equipment that was donated to their schools on behalf of the Wee Can Fight Obesity Partners.
Schools in Attendance:
- Augusta Evans – PE Teacher Kevin Daughtry
- Chatom Elementary – PE Teacher Cindy Dyess
- Choctaw County Elementary – PE Teachers Gregory Harvey & Leslie Higdon
- E.R. Dickson – PE Teacher Cheryl Johnston
- Joe M. Gillmore Elementary – PE Teacher Monique McKenzie
- Lyeffion Jr. High – PE Teacher Derek Korbe
- McIntosh Elementary – PE Teacher Henry Simmons
- Monroeville Elementary – PE Teachers Laura McArthur & Jeff Myers
- Murphy High – PE Teacher Nancy Shoquist
- St. Elmo – PE Teacher Amy Reynolds
- Thomasville Elementary – PE Teacher Becky Knight